Product Lifecycle Management
Fraunhofer online training
Product lifecycle management (PLM) is a management concept that encompasses the integration of all information that arises during the lifecycle of a product. Companies use PLM to optimize the control and management of all product-related information along the entire lifecycle – thus reducing costs and increasing efficiency.
The central challenge of modern product development is the efficient handling of product data and development knowledge. In order to achieve this, digital technology and modeling, information networking, software functionality as well as processes and methods for decision-making must seamlessly interlock. The goal of our »Mastering PLM« training is to develop and expand the competencies of employees to meet these challenges. Our training provides practice-oriented knowledge and skills of product lifecycle management in a self-paced online course.
This is what our Mastering PLM training offers you:
- a mix of scientifically backed practice and theory, with independent approaches to solutions by qualified content developers from industry and research,
- original content on future-oriented product development that is not addressed in this way by any university course or other formal training,
- state-of-the-art knowledge transfer by research institute Fraunhofer IPK.
After successfully completing our training, you will understand how to:
- design development and planning processes efficiently and cost-effectively,
- manage product and planning data in a lean fashion along a digital red thread,
- enable fast and model-oriented collaboration between all parties involved,
- simplify the exchange of data and models within and across companies,
- seamlessly integrate models and data across the entire lifecycle,
- establish PLM as part of enterprise-wide IT.