The Fraunhofer Development Center for X-ray Technology EZRT offers vocational training in digital radiology at its Fürth location. The course program has been carefully designed to combine world-class research and development expertise in industrial x-ray systems with the full range of innovative services that are available for quality assurance and process optimization.
The content of the two-stage training program is geared to people employed in filmless radiology who have a vocational qualification in a technical profession or several years of professional experience in the technical sector. It primarily focuses on metallic materials.
- Fundamentals of CT
- Differences between 2D and 3D CT
- Image quality
- Factors that influence the quality of imaging results
- Planning and executing an imaging process
- 3D CT in four steps
- Practical introduction to CT simulation
- Analysis of the imaging object
- Data backup, archiving and visualization
- Creating documentation
- Asessment of the defect position in the object
- Radiation shielding
- X-ray sources and detectors
- Imaging techniques (e.g. helical, ROI, planar CT)
- Cost-effectiveness aspects of imaging
The training program and qualification have been certified by the German Society for Non-Destructive Testing (DGZfP). They therefore meet the requirements of the DGZfP’s Personnel Certification Body with regard to their contents, scope, structure and validity.